Pickstock Telford offers a wide range of career opportunities, we are always looking for talented, enthusiastic and committed people to join our team; we understand that Pickstock Telford’s success is down to its people. If you would like to be a part of our team send in your CV.
Job Title: Senior IT Technician
Department: IT Department
Reporting to: IT Manager
Location: Office/Site Based
A fantastic opportunity for a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of Senior IT Technician. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the site and staff with all their IT needs, mentoring the IT Technician and assisting and deputising for the IT Manager in their absence.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an award winning, established
organisation that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
The right candidate will be hands on and be able to use their initiative when troubleshooting
Responsibilities will include but are not subject to:
- To provide an outstanding and efficient level of IT support to all staff at Pickstock Telford.
- The Senior IT Technician will be the first point of contact for IT Support incident escalation and problem management within the company and should be able to manage expectations when faced with unidentified faults and be able to clearly communicate how faults are being managed.
- The Senior Technician should take pride in responding quickly and effectively to all support requirements and take an open approach to helping everyone get the best out of the company’s IT Systems.
- As well as day to day support the whole team is also required to monitor all critical systems, such as anti-virus, networking equipment, server hardware systems, and respond to alerts generated by these systems appropriately.
- To be proactive in the way they work and to push IT forward within the company.
- To install and test software and software updates, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To help mentor the IT Technician.
- Check the systems for any potential compliance problems.
- To upgrade computer hardware as appropriate or replace hardware that maybe damaged/broken.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities.
- To have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365 and Windows software.
- To work closely with our Third-Party hardware/software providers to get the best value for money.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office and other desktop related software products.
- Windows Server Platform, Virtualization preferably HyperV, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Firewall, Anti-Virus and UTM devices.
- Any knowledge of Cisco networking equipment is desirable.
- Any knowledge of Avaya telephony systems is desirable.
- SQL reporting writing skills are desirable.
- Experience of Smoothwall UTM devices is desirable.
- Administering AD login accounts, Group Policy Settings, DNS and DHCP.
- You must be able to demonstrate clear problem solving skills and the ability to see a job through to its conclusion with minimal supervision.
- You must be self-motivated, driven and have a can-do attitude.
- You must have a proven track record of balancing priorities while managing timescales.
- Be flexible and adaptive to the role and be prepared to on occasions to work out of normal working hours.
- You need to be a confident communicator and have excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- The ability to be part of a small team is essential.
- You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
Job Title: Sales Account Manager
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Location: Office Based, Telford (Potential UK and Europe based travel)
Reporting to the Sales Manager and working closely with other Sales Account Managers, this role will make up a key part of the Sales Team to manage selling of all hide products, Pet Food products, bones and other cat 3 products along with managing the sale or disposal of cat 1 and 2 products. The role will demand experience of managing within an abattoir or similar environment, and an extensive knowledge of meat industry practices is essential. We are seeking a hard working and dynamic sales professional to join our fast-paced company.
Responsibilities will include but are not subject to:
- Manage and sell all ‘5th Quarter’ products, direct selling of all hide products, Pet Food products, bones and other cat 3 products
- Managing the sale or disposal of cat 1 and 2 products
- Key and proactive member of sales team
- Setting up of production methods and targets
- Report back to sales manager and others within the company and group on production yields and values achieved
- Responsible for checking products to specifications, starting new lines, evaluating best production outcome in terms of added value
- Managing stocks and reporting to sales on all edible items within the scope of the 5th quarter
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure smooth process, including spending time in production
- Effectively build relationships with key people within the business
- Understand customers needs and always look to deliver what has been promised
- Help further establish Pickstock as a supplier of choice by managing reputation with customers
- Provide a robust review and commentary of sales area with ability to provide ‘big-picture’ thinking on continuous improvement
- Establish and track KPIs for this area of sales
Key Attributes, Knowledge & Skills
Experience in the meat industry in similar role essential
Experience of managing within an abattoir or similar environment
Understanding of manufacturing operational processes and relevant performance drivers
Excellent attention to detail
Have strong reporting skills
Robust IT skills, excel (advanced level)
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, good presentation skills
Results driven, capable prioritising workload to meet deadlines
Outstanding problem-solving, time management and planning skills
Confident approach with ability to interact, influence and guide, with all levels, developing and maintaining strong working relationships
Pickstock Telford are a supplier of quality British Beef to foodservice professionals, wholesalers, and retailers across the UK and through international trade.
We are looking for a Abattoir/ Slaughterhouse Operative, previous experience working in an abattoir is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the processing of cattle in accordance with individual training and licensing as applicable.
· Dressing, Trimming and Cutting of the Carcass
· Ensuring all parts of the carcass are trimmed to produce optimum production yield
· Removal of waste according to company policy
· Preparation of animal carcasses
Pay – 9.00-13.00 an hour